In today’s lesson, you will complete your flag garland of the are 13 independent countries in the Caribbean Islands!
Even though there are 13 countries, it is also important to know that there are also 21 different territories and places with a different kind of status than a country. A territory means that the islands or place is part of another country. For example, Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States of America, and Martinique a french speaking island is a territory of France.
Today, let’s bring to life some more of the flags from the Caribbean! Using the examples provided, create and color your own flags. When you’re done, cut them out and string together to form your own flag banner!
- Color the country flags to match the flag examples. Then, cut out each flag.
- Decide where you will put your flag garland and cut a piece of yarn for the size that you want.
- Cut the fold over the top area of the flag and hook it over the piece of yarn.
- Then, tape the folded part to the back of the flag.
- Add each flag to your banner string.
If you need more string cut more yarn and tie a knot to tie the string together.